A salad of blogs, tutorials and thoughts of game engines, games, c++ and all sorts of related stuff

Wednesday 23 July 2014

Unreal Engine Editor Crash.

11:28 Posted by LoudParrottLab No comments
Weird error today.

Advice: Do not refresh the GitHub repo of the engine while you are working on a game attached to that version of the engine. Ever.

I am following a tutorial then today I have decided to pull the latest from GitHub. Lesson? Do not do it. If you start to work on some code with Unreal Engine, freeze the engine changes or be very specific what you accept as a change in your overall codebase. It is not by accident that the game+editor+engine are all linked together. So while pulling the latest code from GitHub you might introduce incompatible changes with your game code and this is what you might need to deal with:


For now I am going to recreate my code as it is not too much, but I will try to debug this to find a solution so that I can provide some answers if someone runs into this after writing thousands of lines of code.

Someone here has run into the same problem but there is no answer to the problem.

So follow up later.

0 comments: